Dead Explorer fans! I need your help! If every subscriber donated one dollar, I would make my Kickstarter goal! This well help me film another year of high quality paranormal videos for your enjoyment. Please click the link to help!
About this project
Dead Explorer is a weekly paranormal web series on YouTube. With Real Paranormal Investigation Videos, True Ghost Stories, and the Most Haunted Places, it is the web series for those who love ALL things paranormal. In the last year, I’ve traveled over 15,000 miles to some the most haunted locations in the US. My goal is to share the real life moments of a paranormal investigator in unbelievable places. Below are some of the haunted places featured in Season One.
- Elk’s Lodge, Ashville, NC
- La Borde Hotel, Rio Grande City, TX
- Fort Ringgold, Rio Grande City, TX
- Wilson County Old Jail Museum, Floresville, TX
- Gonzales County Prison, Gonzales, TX
- Magnolia Hotel, Seguin, TX
- Moon River Bar & Grill, Austin, TX
- Birdcage Theater, Tombstone, AZ
- The Ghost Town Trail, Pearce, AZ
- Old Tucson Studios, Tucson, AZ
- USS Hornet, Alameda, CA
How Did Season 1 Go?
It was a GREAT first year for Dead Explorer! My goal was to introduce and grow the show with paranormal fans from around the world. I produced over 40 Dead Explorer episodes which was an amazing experience! So much work goes into every episode of Dead Explorer, from the travel to the locations, the 6-10 hour shoots (all at night), and the fast paced editing required to upload episodes on a weekly schedule. Artistically, I feel the show began to hit its stride as the season went along. I think it shows as Dead Explorer reached more fans than ever in the second half of the year. I look to continue this great momentum in Season 2.
Season 1 Bragging Rights
- The YouTube channel has over 700,000 views and 6,000 subscribers!
- I collaborated with nine different paranormal groups in Season 1. The list of groups that have reached out to me continues to grow… (I hope to meet more in Season 2!)
- Dead Explorer was featured by media across the world. The list includes the Austin Business Journal, Telemundo KTLM-TV 40, Brand X of the LA Times, The Paranormal Guide (Australia), the Rio Grande Herald, and the University Star (Texas State University).
- Dead Explorer was screened in front of a live audience, along with award winning shorts, at Austin Studios as part of The Show! I got to do a Q&A with the audience afterwards which was totally awesome.
- I was a featured celebrity guest speaker (30 minutes!) at the Grey Ghost Paracon 2013 along with paranormal investigators from hit paranormal shows on Cable TV.
Why Kickstarter for Season 2?
I think what sets Dead Explorer apart is that its fans love the production value and non-scripted format of the show. Dead Explorer features real people and experiences with no gimmicks. Although I’ve been contacted by production companies and YouTube networks with “deals”, I felt they would have compromised what Dead Explorer is about (one network wanted me to replace my recommended paranormal contacts on YouTube with their non-paranormal clients). I am proud to stay independent and connected with the web series and paranormal communities! Kickstarter is the way for me to fund an independent series like Dead Explorer. It’s all or nothing, but it gives us a chance to grow together! Plus, last year Dead Explorer was only available on YouTube with 4-6 minute episodes. Due to popular demand, full length half hour episodes of Season Two are finally coming to ROKU and Amazon on Demand. I’m proud that I will be able to provide full length episodes, it also means more time (and money) will go into each episode to meet those goals.
Last night, the Kickstarter campaign officially ended. The support I received was amazing! People shared the campaign with their friends 574 times on Facebook! I am humbled! Although I did not meet my goal and will not receive any funds, the support alone was very rewarding. Plus, I learned new things along the way and got some cool media coverage! To those who pledged, you have my deepest gratitude. I promise to ALL of you that I will continue to work hard to film the best paranormal web series possible. – Many Thanks, Alejandro