The most haunted places in Georgia! List of the top haunted places in Georgia for paranormal investigations and scary experiences!
|Georgia State Flag|
- The Moon River Brewing Company in Savannah is reportedly haunted by angry spirits. Staff members have reported physical attacks, possessions, and mysterious dark figures. It was investigated on the TV series Ghost Adventures.
- The Hampton-Lillibridge House in Savannah has been referred to as the “most haunted house” in the US. During renovations construction had to stop several times due to reported poltergeist activity.
- The Masquerade Nightclub in Atlanta is known for several apparitions and footsteps of unknown origins often seen or heard after closing by the staff. It is thought that the occurrences are due to a fire and tuberculosis outbreak that claimed the lives of several members of staff.
- The McDonough Square is reported to be haunted due to the Camp Creek train wreck in 1900. As many of the victims were brought to the McDonough Square for medical treatment and most died within hours it is believed they haunt the area. Many local citizens report seeing apparitions in the older buildings surrounding the square and train sounds are reportedly heard near the tracks.
- Hanging Grounds off Padgett Road in Senoia were used for capital punishment by hanging. It is told that during one of the hangings the convicted broke free and killed the executioner. The executioner is believed to still roam the grounds around the hanging tree and nearby train tracks.
- The Warren House in Jonesboro was used as a hospital during the Civil War. There are many carved names in the wall from the soldiers. At night a figure of a soldier can be reportedly seen holding a candle and looking out the window. There is supposedly a bloodstain still on the floor in the attic.
Info courtesy of Wikipedia. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_reportedly_haunted_locations_in_the_United_States