The most haunted places in Massachusetts! List of the top haunted places in Massachusetts for paranormal investigations and scary experiences!
|Massachusetts State Flag|
- The Boston Athenæum is said to be haunted by the scholarly Rev. Harris, who was seen there by Nathaniel Hawthorne.
- The Houghton Mansion in North Adams, where North Adams’ first mayor, A.C. Houghton, and his family, lived, is supposedly haunted by a cab driver who committed suicide after a car accident that led to death and tragedy for the Houghtons. It is now used as a Masonic temple. It was investigated on the TV series Ghost Adventures.
- The Joshua Ward House in Salem is associated with the Salem witch trials. Sheriff George Corwin and witchcraft victim Giles Cory are said to haunt this place.
- The Lizzie Borden House in Fall River, which is now a bed and breakfast, is said to be one of the most haunted houses in the US. It is the site of a double murder, one of the most famous in US history, claimed ghost sightings and noises.
- The USS Salem (CA-139) in Quincy, which now serves as a museum ship open to the general public. Though never seeing combat, the ship has seen its fair share of life and death. Notably after the 1953 Ionian Earthquake serving as a hospital ship. The ship is home to the Fore River Paranormal Society, hosts ghost tours on a regular basis, is converted to a haunted ship open to the public during Halloween and was even featured on the show Ghost Hunters.
Info courtesy of Wikipedia. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_reportedly_haunted_locations_in_the_United_States